Association for Foswiki
The Foswiki Association is the non-profit foundation tasked with caring of the interests of the Foswiki project.
The Foswiki Association is a legal entity that looks after the financial and legal matters of the Foswiki project, as well as helping to organize conferences and meetings of the community members.
The Association is vital for Foswiki's independence, offering the following benefits:
- A well-defined democratic structure to make decisions affecting the project
- No single individual or group can take excessive profit from the community's success, at the cost of others
- Can transparently distribute funding to cover necessary expenditures (such as infrastructure and meetings)
- Can hold trademarks and domains
- Can act as tie-breaker when the community is in deadlock
Membership of the Foswiki Association is open to any individual. By joining the association you are showing your support for the project and the goal of maintaining Foswiki as an democratically governed project, open to all, for the benefit of all.
By maintaining a large membership, we help keep Foswiki independent of any minority interest, and ensure the project is always listening to its community.
Members are asked to make a small annual payment of 10 euros (approx. $15 US) as a demonstration of their commitment and to help support the administration of the association. Anyone who has benefited by using Foswiki should become a member - it's a great way to say "thanks" for the thousands of hours of work by the team. If you don't want to (or can't) become a member, then you can still donate to the project.
Becoming a member
If you want to become a member, please edit your user topic and change your membership status to 'Requested'.
You need one existing member who can propose your membership, and two additional members who will support it. In practice you tell an existing member who you know that you would like to become a member. When you have (both) found two additional supporting members, you notify one of the board members, who will put you on the list for acceptance at the next general assembly. If you don't know any existing members, then join in on the IRC channel
and meet some!
If you have been accepted as a member then please change the status on your user topic to 'Current'.
The Foswiki Association is a member of the
Articles of the Association
. The association is incorporated in Germany.
List of current members
Please see CurrentFoswikiMembers
The Association elects a board from its membership. This board is responsible for the day-to-day administration of the association.
All board business is transacted in plain sight. Minutes of AssociationBoard
meetings may be redacted for legal reasons, but are otherwise public.
The postal address for the Foswiki Association is:
Foswiki Association e.V.
Neumünstersche Str. 12
Germany / Deutschland
- 2009-11-21: AgendaInitialGeneralAssembly (founding assembly)
- 2011-01-06: AgendaSecondGeneralAssembly
- 2011-11-19: AgendaThirdGeneralAssembly, ThirdGeneralAssemblyMinutes
- 2012-12-02: AgendaFourthGeneralAssembly, FourthGeneralAssemblyMinutes
- 2014-05-17: AgendaFifthGeneralAssembly, FifthGeneralAssemblyMinutes
- 2015-03-20: AgendaSixthGeneralAssembly, SixthGeneralAssemblyMinutes
- 2016-04-08: AgendaSeventhGeneralAssembly, SeventhGeneralAssemblyMinutes
- 2017-04-07: AgendaEighthGeneralAssembly, EighthGeneralAssemblyMinutes
- 2018-05-25: AgendaNinthGeneralAssembly, NinthGeneralAssemblyMinutes
- 2019-12-12: AgendaTenthGeneralAssembly, TenthGeneralAssemblyMinutes
- 2021-02-05: AgendaExtraordinaryGeneralAssembly2021, GeneralAssemblyExtraordinary2021Minutes
- 2021-09-20: AgendaEleventhGeneralAssembly, EleventhGeneralAssemblyMinutes
- 2022-11-11: AgendaTwelfthGeneralAssembly, TwelfthGeneralAssemblyMinutes
- 2023-11-10: AgendaThirteenthGeneralAssembly, ThirteenthGeneralAssemblyMinutes